Home » Archive

Articles tagged with: Roman

Attractions, Churches »

[26 Oct 2009 | No Comment | ]
The White Church St Lords from Roman – Neamt County

Address: street Veronica Micle nr. 7,  Roman, Neamt County
Built: in the year 1615 by ruler Stefan II Tomsa
Short description
The White Church St Lords from Roman was built in the year 1615 by the ruler Stefan II Tomsa and restored in the year 1695 by Vasile Cantacuzino. The holly place is located in the center of the Roman city and impress through its massive proportions. The name of the White Church comes right from its origin. The building is under this form from 1695 when the old church was restored.
From an …

Attractions, Churches »

[26 Oct 2009 | No Comment | ]
The catholic church from Adjudeni “The Descent of the Holly Spirit” – Neamt County

Address: village Tamaseni, Neamt County
Built: between 1972 and 18986 on the place of the stone church from 1875
Short description
The parochial center from Adjudeni took birth between 1762 and 1776. From then and until these days here, many churches were built. The first one was made out of wood in the year 1776 and the second one also made from wood was built in 1810. In the year 1875 the first church made out of stone was built here by Alfons Manfredi. This church was modified and rebuilt between 1927 and …

Attractions, Churches »

[26 Oct 2009 | No Comment | ]
The catholic church St Mihail from Sabaoani – Neamt County

Address: village Sabaoani, Neamt County
Built: between 1898 and 1902 by the priest Cajetan Liverotti
Short description
The Church St Mihail is not the first Catholic Church from Sabaoani. The first documentary mention of a wooden church in this place is made in the year 1741. Following the damages of time, the destructions that took place during the revolution from 1831 and because of the rising number of people living in this village, father Augustin Melis builts a new church somewhere in the middle of the XIX century.
The present days church was built …

Attractions, Churches »

[26 Oct 2009 | No Comment | ]
The catholic church “St Queen Mary” from Tamaseni – Neamt County

Address: village Tamaseni, Neamt County
Built: between 1956 and 1958 by priest Wilhelm Clain
Short description
Starting from the centuries XV-XVI the Catholics are mentioned in documents here at Tamaseni. Because of the Turks invasion and of the road to Poland, the people from these villages went into the forests near the river Siret where we can find the today location of the village. The first church was built in the year 1862 by the priest Valentin Ferenczy with the brick obtained by demolishing a big inn that belonged to the church.
The present …

Attractions, Strongholds »

[24 Sep 2009 | No Comment | ]

Location: The New Fortress of Roiman is located at approximately 5 km from the city Roman, on the left side of river Siret, near the village Gadinti.
Built: in the year 1466 by Stefan cel Mare
Short description:
The fortress was built by Stefan cel Mare (Stefan the Great) and it represented an important resistance point and a true fortification of stone. This is the only fortress that was not built on higher ground as other medieval fortresses. The walls were surrounded by a defense trench with a width of 30-60 m.
The ground …

Attractions, Strongholds »

[24 Sep 2009 | No Comment | ]
Musatin Stronghold from Roman – Neamt County

Location: the Musatin Fortress from Roman was built on the plane were today we can see the Archbishop Complex.
Built: we assume that the construction was made by Petru I Musat (1375 – 1391)
Short description:
The Musatin Fortess or The Fortress of Land is the oldest historical monument from the city Roman. Its existence is first mentioned on March 30, 1392 in a document from the ruler Roman I Musat.
From an architectural stand of point the fortress was built in the shape of a horseshoe, made out of wood and soil. The …